Friday, August 27, 2010
A BaconHead You Can't Blame On Someone Else
Those who have commented on da most recent daTruthSquad blog have spoken, and their words have been heard. It has become abundantly clear that not only has da alliance between da Manalapan Democrats and GOP'ers has folded like a cheap suit - at da hands of da GOP'ers who not only dumped da Queen at da side of da road with no cab fare, but also made da Capo di Tutti Capi, da boss of all bosses Gerry "One Bourbon, One Shot & One Beer" Ward look like even more of an amateur leader than Adam "PuPu"Puharic was when he almost ran da Monmouth GOP'ers into da ground.
Here are some of da comments left by some of our faithful TruthTellers:
1. "What a total disgrace Green turned out to be. Let's see what other info they didn't mention as Mayor Spodak looks further into Green's and his wife's closet. Come clean Green!"
2. "You say "The fact that Ryan Green's wife provides for his Health Care benefits does not matter." It does matter Ryan Green tried to mislead the public with a political stunt that backfired on him, sorry his integrity is now gone. A Proud Manalapan Republican."
3. "Did he or didn't he disclose the fact that he was getting free health care from the State of NJ from his wife's plan, during the time he was demonizing Roth for choosing to take her Health Care from the Township ? if so..he is a phoney..plain and simple.. And since when is it the Clerk's job to make sure that he fills a form out correctly ? is he an educated adult or a kindergarten student. Is he reviewing Township documents, contracts etc..God help us."
4. "Unless the township hired Madaam Cleo as their Clerk, how would she know what his personal information is ? Thats why it's called a disclosure form, you need to enter personal information how the heck is the Clerk supposed to know he already has free health care ? Don't blame the little people for his Big Oops."
5. "Good that Spodak exposed the sneakiness of Big Oops Green. They should have run Joey D who wouldn't be sneaky in filling out forms. They really messed up running Big oops Green now how can anyone trust him? Joey D you can trust. Big oops was a big mistake."
6. "If Ryan Green is to stupid to fill out his OWN important documents how can the residents of Manalapan trust him with township business? He was clearly a jackass for blaming the Manalapan Township clerk for his pre school I.Q. incompetence. I'm very disappointed to learn this and now he has no choice but to resign. He tried to mislead the residents and blamed a hard working public servant for his own non disclosure. "Lyin Ryan" I agree with everyone else and should step down."
We think you get da idea here. DaTruth is, Ryan "Big OOPS" Green making a mistake on his financial disclosure form isn't earth-shattering and isn't something that he should have to resign over - and we will not demand his resignation. Everybody makes mistakes, even lawyers, and we should know. However, as someone who works in da education field, what kind of role model are you when you make a mistake, and blame it on a senior citizen clerk who just retired and wasn't even there to defend herself -- and -- more important -- it wasn't even her job to know his personal finances or even go over his legal documents!
This is very simple - you make a mistake, cowboy up and admit you made a mistake. It should not have to take a silver-haired former mayor with a silver shovel to dig this up and call you out on it, and then instead of thanking that senior citizen, you blame another senior citizen for your mistakes that you still haven't fully owned up to.
To be fair, in his defense, maybe Big OOPS Ryan is living in "Green-land?" How was it da fault of da former Township Clerk to know what your financial situation is? Is it da fault of your accountant if you get a speeding ticket? If your child skins their knee at a playground, is that da fault of your veterinerian?
If anything, his financial disclosure mea culpa has only made da situation worse, but not just for him. By standing by his right-hand man, now Mayor Lord Andy Boy gets a front-row seat to Big OOPS's problems. And, with election day just over 60 days away, it is a possibility that Big OOPS's problems could become Andy Boy's problems.
Now, if this weren't a potential headache for Mayor Lord Andy Boy, another headache will be da Democrats. Considering how da alliance crumbled to dust, they are about as unhappy as a hen in a fox house. And, they have good reason to want to work harder than they ever have to derail Andy Boy's election hopes.
Now, of course there were other ways our August BaconHead Award winner could have handled this situation. With that in mind, here's daTruthSquad's Top-10 excuses that Ryan "Big OOPS" Green did not use in regards to his recent mea culpa:
10: "The dog ate my financial disclosure form."
9. "Oh, you mean the State of New Jersey is serious about this financial disclosure stuff?"
8. "Wait, Michelle Roth isn't the former Township Clerk? Did I blame the wrong person?"
7. "I knew I would be in trouble when I first put my financial disclosure form in my 50-gallon trash can and Waste Management orange-tagged my trash can and left the form in there."
6. "Damn rassin-frassin silver shovel carrying pain in my @#$%^& &$#!"
5. "If Mayor Spodak were a member of the Yorktowne Club this would never have happened."
4. "I should have taken da advice of my handlers and blamed Susan Cohen or daTruthSquad for all of this."
3. "No problem. I'll just have the Manalapan Legal Dream Team send out a subpoena and handle everything. They did such a great job in the Moskovitz lawsuit."
2. "Hopefully this won't come up when I run for President."
1. "Wow. I thought that members of the Manalapan Township Committee were legally allowed to break da rules."
And Andy Boy and "Come Clean" Green thought that Garbage-Gate was the worst thing they'd need to worry about.
DaTruth is, "Financial Disclosure-Gate" could become a big problem for Mayor Andy Boy's reelection bid. Hypothetically speaking, how will da fine folks at Covered Bridge feel when they are told by da Manalapan Democrats about a senior citizen retiring clerk being blamed for Big OOPS's big oops. Add this to da "Pearl Harbor" job the GOP'ers did to the alliance with the Manalapan Democrats which caught them completely off guard, and the gloves will surely be coming off when the election battle really begins.
Da question is, with two candidates you wouldn't know if you tripped over them, and not much time to get their campaign even started, how will da Manalapan Democrats generate any buzz for their candidates and attempt to derail Mayor Andy Boy's "shoo-in" election chances?
And, what a great lesson someone who works in the public education field (at taxpayer expense) is giving da youth of our great nation --- It's OK to make a mistake, but if you do, be sure to blame it on some "old" person who just retired and is not there to defend themselves. Your parents must be proud.
So, congratulations - for you not only made a mistake on your financial disclosure form, for which we would have given you a free pass on, but your "deflect & accuse" put the blame on a senior citizen clerk who just retired and wasn't even there to defend herself! You may have inadvertantly opened up a Pandora's Box of trouble for da guy on your left, Mayor Andy Boy. For reaching a new low and blaming a senior citizen for your own mistakes, da August winner of da coveted BaconHead Award is none other than Ryan "Big OOPS" (aka: "Lyin Ryan" and "Come Clean") Green!